Nowadays, in the times of digital marketing, companies definitely prefer to use SEO. But, for best results, it is essential that the content available on the site is not only relevant but also something that will attract the clients. The site content should be such that it will allow the SEO to promote the site and allow the clients to understand the company and its services, encouraging interactions.
When it comes to SEO,We hear Content is the king for engaging the users and thus good quality content in SEO holds a prominent place. All the SEO tips advocate about posting high-quality, relevant and unique content, which should engage the users instantly.
When it comes to most of people content strategy they always think the more content they have the better thier search rankings will be. However, search engines know better than that and you should always choose quality over quantity.
What is high quality content?
To answer this question, Google’s Hummingbird update along with removal of the keyword tool.had emphasized quality content as a deciding factor for ranking well. And Google’s quality guidelines clearly mentioned out what they’re looking for. Here are their exact words.
- Make pages primarily for users, not for search engines.
- Don’t deceive your users.
- Avoid tricks intended to improve search engine rankings.
- Think about what makes your website unique, valuable, or engaging. Make your website stand out from others in your field.
Content isn’t just frequently updating your website with blogs, videos or images. While that can be good for your website, search engines decide what makes your content worthy. Are you creating the same content that can be found on other sites? Is your content providing value to its visitors? Is your content relatable and unique? Is it answering the questions that someone is searching for? Fresh, interesting, easy to read, and credible content with the right number of keywords impact the quality of content. Remember, high quality content provides a valuable experience to its’ visitors.
So the message is clear: Focus on content, not keywords.
What is low quality content in SEO?
Low-quality content, on the other hand, is only concerned about stuffing the keywords in such a way that it is spotted by the search engines, thus helping in boosting the rankings. It has nothing to do with the user experience and this is the reason why most of the times low-quality content ends up in achieving nothing. It has duplication issues, poor grammar, meaningless sentences, etc.
Any content does not meet these criteria is most likely low quality for SEO.
- There is not enough main content on the page to satisfy the searcher.
- The main content is not very good. Someone searching for something is unsatisfied by the content.
- Perhaps the main content is good, but there are too many ads and pop-ups for the user to have a satisfying experience. The page is slow to load, or hard to read.
- It is difficult to find out who is responsible for the website or the page content, and there is no good reason for anonymity.
- The website has a negative reputation.
How does this effect SEO?
when quality content is created, it drastically improves your visibility. And without visibility and exposure, your content is just another one of the millions of articles that are posted every day on the web.Nobody sees it,Nobody shares it,Nobody does anything with it. Search engines care about the user experience. Thier goal is to get you to the answer you’re looking for faster, creating a nearly seamless connection between you and the knowledge you seek. Google looks at the overall expertise, authority, and trust of a site. They call this E-A-T for short.
When evaluating the main content of a page, they look at:
- The quality of information on a website.
- The quantity of information on a site.
- The external reputation of a website.
- The internal information on a website.
If you want visibility and exposure, you have to commit yourself to the grind of consistently creating quality content.
How do you develop high quality content?
With good content dominating search engines, you’ll really need to invest time and money into developing high quality content. Think outside the box, use other creative tactics, and try to become an industry expert to be considered a trustworthy resource, which will then lead to higher search rankings. So Focus on this point's
- Get to know your readers.
- Keep the focus on customers, not selling.
- Create content on a regular basis.
- Create content for every stage of the sales funnel.
- Talk in their language.
How Do You Know If you Have a Piece of Quality Content?
Here’s a great benchmark for judging whether you have a piece of quality content or not. If someone reads that page, are they going to change the way that they approach their business or problem? A piece of content that compels someone to change their business strategy or influence their decision making can be considered high-quality.
In the end, quality content isn’t about a sales pitch. It’s about establishing trust and authority. Quality content should be all about solving a problem, addressing an issue, or offering up original research.